What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Soumya Sarkar’s all-round show help Bangladesh to clinch the T20I series against Zimbabwe

Brexiter

Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe in the third T20I
Bangladesh defeated Zimbabwe in the third and final T20I at Harare Sports Club to clinch the three-match series 2-1. Soumya Sarkar was the star of the high-scoring encounter, excelling with both bat and ball to guide his side to a stunning victory on Sunday.

Chasing a humungous target of 194, the visitors rode on Sarkar’s phenomenal effort with the willow to record a win with four balls to spare. Sarkar scored 68 runs from 49 deliveries with the help of 10 boundaries, including a six.

The 28-year-old formed a 50 run stand with Shakib Al Hasan (25) for the second wicket and a 63-run partnership with skipper Mahmudullah (34) to make sure his side cross the finish line. Shamim Hossain remained unbeaten on 31 as Bangladesh won the contest by five wickets. For the hosts, Blessing Muzarabani (2/27) and Luke Jongwe (2/42) picked up two wickets each.

Earlier, Zimbabwe, after opting to bat first, put up a scintillating batting display to post 193/5 on the scoreboard in their allotted 20 overs. Wesley Madhevere, who was the hero in the second match, continued from where he left and displayed another batting masterclass. The 20-year-old smashed 54 runs from 36 deliveries, including six boundaries.

Madhevere was well supported by wicketkeeper batter Regis Chakabva. The Harare-born cricketer scored 48 runs at a breathtaking strike rate of 218.18. Chakabva slammed as many as 6 sixes during his quickfire knock. All-rounder Ryan Burl contributed 31 down the order to help Zimbabwe go beyond the mark of 190 runs.

Sarkar shined with the ball, taking a couple of wickets for 19 runs from three overs. All-rounder Shakib also produced a good show, conceding only 24 runs in his quota of 4 overs with a wicket as well.

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

Excellent run chase by the Tigers! Keep it up in the next series too. And congratulations to Shamim Hossain for an extraordinary debut. pic.twitter.com/Bv0DbFoqCI

— Mehidy Hasan Miraz (@Officialmiraz) July 25, 2021

This really hurts!
Tough to take today’s defeat but we take it with our heads held high. So many great things we achieved this tour and we promise to build on those & find a winning consistent culture.
Will use this Pain to be better ❤️‍?
Congrats @BCBtigers on winning the series pic.twitter.com/7bXuOiNoBw

— Sikandar Raza (@SRazaB24) July 25, 2021

New Day, Old Celebration. Signature series victory celebration once again after today's win. #ZIMvBAN

?: Exclusively from the @BCBtigers dressing room. pic.twitter.com/U0OnGCBbil

— Nazmus Sajid (@nazmussajidc) July 25, 2021

T20I series winner ? Well done Tigers ?#BANvZIM pic.twitter.com/HccsqFNkTK

— BPLT20 (@Official_BPLT20) July 25, 2021

Congratulations to Tigers for winning the T20I series against Zimbabwe.#BANvZIM pic.twitter.com/wOldJv54bX

— Bangladesh Cricket (@BCBtigers) July 25, 2021

Well played 50! Thumbs up @WMadhevere! #ZIMvBAN

— Glen Dhliwayo (@GlenDhliwayo) July 25, 2021

Back-to-back fifties from Wesley Madhevere and a cameo from Ryan Burl of 31* off 15 and Zimbabwe finished on 193-5 #ZIMvBAN

— ThePoppingCrease (@PoppingCreaseSA) July 25, 2021

Soumya Sarkar 68 and Shamim Hossain's cameo 31* took Bangladesh over the line.

They win by 5 wickets and take the series 2-1.#ZIMvBAN pic.twitter.com/agZSqepqv0

— ???? ???? ? (@SamiBlitz) July 25, 2021

Soumya Sarkar has been awarded player of the series for his brilliant contribution with both bat and bowl throughout the whole T20I series against Zimbabwe. pic.twitter.com/9a2Zc47rf8

— We Are Bangladesh Cricket Supporters (@loveBDcricket) July 25, 2021

Wesley Madhevere Last 5 T20I inns

16 (14) vs ??
59 (47) vs ??
23 (23) vs ??
73 (57) vs ??
54 (36) vs ??

Young Wesley Madhevere. New ?? Star in Making ⭐ #ZIMvBAN pic.twitter.com/102JG9FTMC

— ?????? ?????? ?? (@iam_JZK) July 25, 2021

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back