What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Tim Seifert powers New Zealand to series-clinching win over Sri Lanka

Brexiter

New Zealand beat Sri Lanka in 3rd T20I
New Zealand and Sri Lanka played a thrilling contest in the series decider at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown, where the hosts emerged victorious by 4 wickets to grab the series.

Put in to bat, the Islanders put up a challenging total of 182/6 in their 20 overs, thanks to a brilliant knock from Kusal Mendis, who scored 73 runs off just 48 balls with 6 fours and 5 sixes. Kusal Perera and Pathum Nissanka also made valuable contributions with the bat. For New Zealand, Ben Lister was the pick of the bowlers, with 2 wickets for 37 runs.

In their chase, the Black Caps got off to a decent start, but it was Tim Seifert who stole the show with a breathtaking innings of 88 runs off just 48 balls, which included 10 fours and 3 sixes. Tom Latham and Mark Chapman also played their part with the bat. Lankan pacer Lahiru Kumara bagged three wickets for 38 runs. The contest went down to the wire, where New Zealand managed to reach the target with just one ball to spare.

Here is how Twitter reacted:

A series win in Queenstown! ?

Catch up on all scores ? https://t.co/5zUsDJ0gj0#NZvSL #CricketNation pic.twitter.com/8VBYKyeZdC

— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) April 8, 2023

Rachin getting the job done for New Zealand ??

Watch BLACKCAPS v Sri Lanka on-demand on Spark Sport #SparkSport #NZvSL pic.twitter.com/EiupwKDY6N

— Spark Sport (@sparknzsport) April 8, 2023

Tim Seifert has been playing good cricket. I wonder if there were mid-season trade options in the ipl, there will be players like him in contention.

— vatsal (@VatsalKMaru) April 8, 2023

Another close game against New Zealand..

NZ clinch the decider in Queenstown to bag the T20I series 2-1 ? pic.twitter.com/459pC2oV6E

— Sri Lanka Cricket ?? (@OfficialSLC) April 8, 2023

A fantastic innings from Tim Seifert ends on 88 in 48 balls. Missed out on a very well deserved century here! pic.twitter.com/PtHqk46ogD

— Mufaddal Vohra (@mufaddal_vohra) April 8, 2023

Tim Seifert in this T20I series vs Sri Lanka:

•0(3).
•79*(43).
•88(48).

After first game, he played remarkably well in both games. He is the hero for New Zealand in this T20I series. Well played, Seifert! pic.twitter.com/jNEymqjd28

— CricketMAN2 (@ImTanujSingh) April 8, 2023

Tim Seifert smashed a brilliant 88 off 47 balls in the decider T20i match against Sri lanka, made his new T20i high score, well played. #NZvSL pic.twitter.com/P3LUuk9i1g

— Resanth. (@CricResanth) April 8, 2023

New Zealand won by 4 wickets!

Sri Lanka 182-6 (20)
New Zealand 183-6 (19.5)

Player of the Match – Tim Seifert

Player of the Series – Tim Seifert #NZvSL #3rdT20 #Queenstown #SriLanka #NewZealand pic.twitter.com/q9mRyM9Ahe

— Thimira Navod (@ImThimira07) April 8, 2023

#NZvSL #Timseifert Well played Man. you have put a lot of Mind Blowing shorts.

— Amandeep Sharma (@amansharma6723) April 8, 2023

Tim Seifert produced a match-winning innings in the third #NZvSL T20I ? pic.twitter.com/0XFV8h6Sfe

— Ritesh Ghimire (@reeteshjee) April 8, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back