What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Twitter reactions: Tim Southee’s stunning 5-fer propels New Zealand to thrilling win over UAE in 1st T20I

Brexiter

New Zealand beat UAE in the first T20I
In an electrifying clash at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, New Zealand emerged victorious against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by a margin of 19 runs in the opening encounter of the New Zealand tour of the UAE 2023.

Tim Seifert’s sizzling show take New Zealand to competitive total​

The toss saw the United Arab Emirates opt to bowl first, a decision that would set the tone for an exciting showdown. New Zealand’s batting performance was led by Tim Seifert, who notched an impressive half-century, scoring 55 runs off 34 balls, including 2 fours and 3 sixes.

Cole McConchie‘s steady contribution of 31 runs from 24 balls and Jimmy Neesham‘s quickfire 25 off 22 balls helped propel New Zealand to a total of 155/6 in their allotted 20 overs.

Also READ: Why Ollie Robinson ended an 8-year-long relationship with fiancé Lauren Rose Pullen? Here are the details

The UAE bowlers put up a spirited effort, with Junaid Siddique and Basil Hameed both grabbing crucial wickets. Siddique ended with figures of 2 wickets for 35 runs in his 4-over spell, while Hameed contributed with 2 wickets for 30 runs in his quota of overs.

Tim Southee’s brilliant 5-fer seal the deal​

In response, UAE Emirates fought valiantly, led by a standout performance from Aryansh Sharma, who scored a well-crafted 60 runs off 43 balls, including 9 boundaries and 1 six. However, the rest of the batting order struggled to maintain a consistent momentum.

New Zealand skipper Tim Southee‘s brilliant bowling display wreaked havoc on the UAE batting lineup, as he claimed an impressive 5-wicket haul for just 25 runs in his 4 overs. Mitchell Santner and Neesham chipped in with 2 wickets each, further contributing to New Zealand’s dominant bowling performance.

Despite Aryansh’s heroic efforts, the United Arab Emirates fell short of the target, being bowled out for 136 runs in 19.4 overs. New Zealand’s comprehensive bowling effort restricted the UAE’s chase and secured a hard-fought victory.

Also READ: England chief selector provides insight into Jofra Archer’s ODI World Cup 2023 prospects

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

Tim Southee takes five as New Zealand edge UAE in the first T20I 👏#UAEvNZ | 📝: https://t.co/7YnmPYnCt6 pic.twitter.com/rVNc8QKZcY

— ICC (@ICC) August 17, 2023

UAE putting in a solid effort against the kiwis. Should be a good game I guess #UAEvNZ

— Ashwin 🇮🇳 (@ashwinravi99) August 17, 2023

18-year-old Aryansh Sharma from UAE smashed 60 off 43 balls in the first T20I against New Zealand. He was the top-scorer in the match on his debut and took UAE so close to victory ❤️ #UAEvNZ pic.twitter.com/0sWHDJGluT

— Farid Khan (@_FaridKhan) August 17, 2023

Five-wicket hauls both home and away
(men's T20I)

Imran Tahir🇿🇦
TIM SOUTHEE🇳🇿#UAEvNZ pic.twitter.com/Y18ouQH9ah

— Kausthub Gudipati (@kaustats) August 17, 2023

Tim Southee is the most underrated T20 bowler, his numbers in T20 is incredible, he has 134 wickets in 104 innings with the SR of 17 and economy of 8 only.. He is such that people do not have mercy but he silently does his work. pic.twitter.com/cR24asGX2A

— Lubana Warriors (@LovepreetS49) August 17, 2023

New Zealand defeated UAE in the first T20I#UAEvNZ

Scorecard: https://t.co/lYBmCJ9Otz #CricketTwitter pic.twitter.com/5E23v3gWYS

— CricketTimes.com (@CricketTimesHQ) August 17, 2023

Tim Southee in International cricket:

•370 wickets, 15 5-W hauls in Tests.
•210 wickets, 3 5-W hauls in ODIs.
•139 wickets, 2 5-W hauls in T20Is.

He has 719 wickets in International cricket – Tim Southee, One of the greatest ever! pic.twitter.com/5bAO238Kdo

— CricketMAN2 (@ImTanujSingh) August 17, 2023

– 15 five-wicket haul in Tests.
– 3 five-wicket haul in ODIs.
– 2 five-wicket haul in T20I.

20 five-wicket hauls including 719 International wickets, Tim Southee, an all-time great. pic.twitter.com/HODXhVitoR

— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) August 17, 2023

NEW ZEALAND BEATS UAE BY 19 RUNS! #UAEvNZ pic.twitter.com/oOPIgKNTcA

— #BackTheBLACKCAPS 🇳🇿 (@KW_Fans) August 17, 2023

New Zealand Win Their 1st T20I vs UAE

Good Bowling By Captain Tim Southee , Mitchell Santner and Jimmy Neesham 🔥

A Wicket For Kyle Jamieson on International Comeback 🔥 . Kyle Jamieson Got Good Variations and Bounce . Hope CSK Retains Him For IPL 2024 💛 . pic.twitter.com/EkRu4oTWq7

— Junaid Khan (@JunaidKhanation) August 17, 2023

SAME OLD STORY….

Associate nation got a good start, dominated in the first 10-12 overs. Needed 54 from 40 balls. But in the end, lack of experience and failing to overcome the pressure killed all the hopes. FIVE-WICKET haul for Tim Southee. 👏🏻

UAE from 84/3 to 136/10. New… pic.twitter.com/q438m052AI

— Saif Ahmed 🇧🇩 (@saifahmed75) August 17, 2023

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back