What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Viv Richards, Sourav Ganguly & others react to Virat Kohli’s resignation from India’s Test captaincy

Brexiter

Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli sent shockwaves across the world on Saturday, announcing that he has stepped down as captain of the Indian Test team. His decision to resign from captaincy came just a day after India’s series loss against the hosts South Africa.

In his official statement, Kohli had specially thanked BCCI and MS Dhoni for their support and belief they have had in him over the years. He also noted about giving his 120 percent every time while making his way onto the field.

Kohli ended his captaincy tenure as the most successful leader for India in the longest format of the game. He led India in 68 Tests, guiding his team to 40 victories with just 11 losses to his name.

In fact, Kohli is the one of the most successful captains in the history of Test cricket. Only Graeme Smith, Ricky Ponting and Steve Waugh have won more matches than him as captain in the red-ball format.

Meanwhile, the former and current cricketers were shocked to know about Kohli’s decision and expressed their reaction on social media.

Here’s how Twitter reacted:

Congratulations @imVkohli on a stunning run as the Indian captain. You can be very proud of what you have achieved so far, and for sure, your name will be up there among the best leaders in world cricket ? https://t.co/DieCKL4bhE

— Sir Vivian Richards (@ivivianrichards) January 15, 2022

Under Virats leadership Indian cricket has made rapid strides in all formats of the game ..his decision is a personal one and bcci respects it immensely ..he will be an important member to take this team to newer heights in the future.A great player.well done ..@BCCI @imVkohli

— Sourav Ganguly (@SGanguly99) January 15, 2022

Congratulations on a successful stint as a captain, @imVkohli.

You always gave 100% for the team and you always will. Wishing you all the very best for the future. pic.twitter.com/CqOWtx2mQ7

— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) January 15, 2022

It’s been a remarkable journey King Kohli @imVkohli! Very few have been able to achieve what you have. Gave your all and played like a true champion each time. May you grow from strength to strength! Onwards and upwards ????

— Yuvraj Singh (@YUVSTRONG12) January 15, 2022

Integrity, insight and inclusivity.

Your contribution to the team as captain is invaluable, you’ve been a great leader to this side. It’s been a pleasure playing under you.? pic.twitter.com/K5iwPIuplZ

— Jasprit Bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) January 15, 2022

Although I also am shocked by @imVkohli sudden decision, I respect his call. I can only applaud him for what he has done for world cricket & India. Easily one of the most aggressive and fittest players India has had. Hope he’d continue to shine for India as a player. pic.twitter.com/W9hJGAYqhv

— Suresh Raina?? (@ImRaina) January 15, 2022

It’s always an honour to lead the dynamic Indian team. And the decision to step down is an emotional heavy moment. A journey well travelled #ViratKohli #captain @imVkohli

— Mohammed Azharuddin (@azharflicks) January 15, 2022

Virat, you can go with your head held high. Few have achieved what you have as captain. Definitely India's most aggressive and successful. Sad day for me personally as this is the team ?? we built together – @imVkohli pic.twitter.com/lQC3LvekOf

— Ravi Shastri (@RaviShastriOfc) January 15, 2022

Many Congratulations #ViratKohli on an outstanding career as India's Test Captain. Stats don't lie & he was not only the most successful Indian Test Captain but one of the most successful in the world. Can be very proud @imVkohli & looking forward to watch u dominate with the bat

— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) January 15, 2022

??? https://t.co/550yIuQsBM

— Ian “ Ja Mo” Bishop (@irbishi) January 15, 2022

#ViratKohli has been the most successful Test captain for India and he can take pride in his accomplishments. Congratulations for a fine innings as captain.#CricketTwitter

— parthiv patel (@parthiv9) January 15, 2022

Not the news which I wanted to read but you have done some amazing job as a leader to #IndianCricketTeam be proud of yourself @imVkohli

— Yusuf Pathan (@iamyusufpathan) January 15, 2022

Whenever the talk of Indian cricket captains will arise in test cricket @imVkohli ‘s name will be up there,not only for results but the kind of impact he had as a captain. Thank you #ViratKohli

— Irfan Pathan (@IrfanPathan) January 15, 2022

Wow…to say I am surprised would be lying, however it will be strange not seeing Virat captaining. Though everyone’s time must come to end, as they say. Thank you driving the global game through your leadership especially in the Test arena ?? https://t.co/ZsIZ4NNbYM

— Lisa Sthalekar (@sthalekar93) January 15, 2022

When Virat took over as Test captain, India winning a test overseas was an achievement, now if India lose an overseas test series it is an upset. And that's how far he has taken Indian cricket forward, and that will be his legacy. Congratulations on successful reign @imVkohli ?? pic.twitter.com/My2MOXNwMc

— Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) January 15, 2022

@imVkohli brother for me u are a true leader of upcoming generation in cricket because u are inspiration for young Cricketers. keep rocking on and of the field. pic.twitter.com/0ayJoaCC3k

— Mohammad Amir (@iamamirofficial) January 15, 2022

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back