What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

WATCH – Josh Philippe sends the ball on the roof with a monstrous six in the BBL opener

Brexiter

Josh Philippe hits a gigantic six in the BBL opener
The highly-anticipated Big Bash League (BBL) 2021-22 began with a mouth-watering fixture between Sydney Sixers and Melbourne Stars on Sunday, December 05.

Sixers’ opening batter Josh Philippe lit up the Sydney Cricket Ground with an explosive knock to help his team achieve their highest total in the history of BBL. Philippe smashed 83 runs from just 47 deliveries, with the help of eight fours and three sixes to help Sixers post their highest-ever total of 213/4 in the history of BBL.

During his phenomenal knock, Philippe smashed a humungous six off Sam Rainbird in the 14th over. The bowler went for a good length delivery, and Philippe backed away to go for a full swing. The shot was timed extremely well as the white leather landed on the roof of SCG for a humungous 101m six.

Here is the video:

That is huge from Josh Philippe!

Our first BKT Golden Moment of the season #BBL11 pic.twitter.com/MA2rKCC71p

— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) December 5, 2021

In the match, apart from Philippe, Sixers captain Moises Henriques smashed unbeaten 76 and opener James Vince scored 44 to help his team post the massive total on the board. In reply, the Stars got bundled out for a mere 61 to lose the contest by a huge margin of 152 runs.

“It was a great performance, and it’s a great start for us. Everyone chipped in, with a couple of fifties and a lot of guys taking wickets; that’s great to see. I had some lessons from that (Bangladesh) tour, I watched them closely and implemented in my game. It’s our home ground; we play here a lot and are familiar with the conditions,” said Philippe after winning the ‘Player of the Match’ award.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back