What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

WATCH: Harshal Patel’s hit-wicket dismissal against New Zealand

Brexiter

Harshal dismissal
India won the third T20I against New Zealand by 73 runs last night at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. With this win, India managed to secure a whitewash against the Black Caps for the second time in T20Is. While chasing 185, New Zealand completely surrendered in front of the Indian bowling attack.

However, an eye-catching moment came in the first innings when Harshal Patel, who was playing his second T20I, got dismissed in a bizarre fashion. Harshal made 18 runs off 11 balls in his maiden innings for Team India.

The 30-year-old got out hit wicket in the 19th over bowled by Lockie Ferguson. After smashing the first ball for six at long-off, the right-handed batter tried to play a late cut short to a delivery that was slightly wide outside off. But, he went too deep into the crease and ended up hitting the stumps with his bat.

Harshal has now become the second Indian player after KL Rahul to get out hit-wicket in T20Is.

Here’s the video:

#IndVsNZ A very strange dismissal as #HarshalPatel is out hit the wicket! 2nd Indian after #KLRahul to be out in this manner. Harshal was standing very far back in his crease. pic.twitter.com/jctmbfafDD

— SportsTalk (@rajeshworld) November 21, 2021

For producing consistent performance in the T20I series, India skipper Rohit Sharma was awarded the ‘Player of the Series’. Whereas for taking three wickets in three overs, Axar Patel was adjudged with the ‘Player of the Match’ award.

Now, both the teams will return to action in a two-match Test series starting November 25.

Ajinkya Rahane will lead the Indian team along with his deputy Cheteshwar Pujara in the first Test at the Green Park in Kanpur, while regular skipper Virat Kohli would join the team next week for the second match in Mumbai.

New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson and all-rounder Kyle Jameson will comeback to the squad after taking a break from the T20I series.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back