What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Watch what happens when student asks Madison Cawthorn to admit simple truth

Brexiter

As many a Democrat would be, one politically savvy Dartmouth College student appeared to be jumping out of his seat when put in a room with Rep. Madison Cawthorn. A Republican, Cawthorn is a supporter of former President Donald Trump’s who, like many others, has against all logic proclaimed that the election Trump loss to President Joe Biden was rigged.

Jack Cocchiarella, digital director for Democrat Marcus Flowers’ campaign for Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s House seat, seemed to have applied great restraint in the encounter. The sheer audacity of Cawthorn to claim that anyone would have to rig an election to unseat a reality TV star who went on to lead an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol is low-hanging fruit.

But Cocchiarella didn’t go there. He asked Cawthorn outright: “I just got a quick question for you Congressman Cawthorn. A majority of Republicans believe that President Biden was not lawfully elected. Now you know that he was and that he won the 2020 election. So when will you stop lying to your constituents, admit that Donald Trump lost, and end this senseless attack on our democracy?” Cocchiarella got a response that wasn’t exactly grounded in truth.

I asked Madison Cawthorn why he won’t stop attacking our democracy. He was upset. Here’s his response: pic.twitter.com/RgIc1pcf2A

— Jack Cocchiarella (@JDCocchiarella) October 25, 2021

Cawthorn started by saying he “wholeheartedly” disagrees. “On the facts, you disagree with me,” Cocchiarella responded, before later letting Cawthorn continue.

The North Carolina Republican said:

“So as you can all see in Article II, Section 3 of the constitution, the only people who have a right to change election law in the United States of America, are the state legislatures. You saw in six key states, namely Wisconsin and Arizona, as the the worst perpetrators. The state (...) governors and the Board of Elections there who actually went around the will of the state legislature and changed election laws on their own. That is unconstitutional. When you have voter drop boxes that are set up in parks when you didn’t give it a signature verification of voter identification laws. That is against the law and is an unconstitutional thing. Are you against the constitution?”

Cocchiarella responded: “When you incited the January 6th insurrection, were you against the constitution?”

While former Attorney General William Barr announced last December that the Justice Department uncovered no evidence of widespread voter fraud, there’s video evidence of Cawthorn revving up a crowd of Trump supporters hours before the insurrection.

“My friends, I encourage you to go back to your states after today,” Cawthorn said. “Hold your representatives accountable. Make sure that they stood up for election integrity, and make your voices heard.”

YouTube Video

RELATED: Rep. Madison Cawthorn posts clip calling for holy war, Twitter mocks him

RELATED: A Republican lawmaker is calling for violence. What are his party’s leaders going to say about it?

RELATED: There are so many reasons to expel Madison Cawthorn from Congress—and he keeps adding to the list

Back