What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Well wishes come in from everywhere as Jimmy Carter turns 97

Brexiter

On Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, former President Jimmy Carter turned 97. The oldest living American president spent the day at home. President Joe Biden offered up this salutation: “Happy 97th Birthday to my dear friend, President Jimmy Carter. A humble servant of God. A beacon of light and moral clarity. A leader of extraordinary character, honor, and integrity. @FLOTUS and I send our love to you and Rosalynn on this special day.” The message went out alongside a photo of Biden and the 39th president in the Oval Office sometime during Carter’s term.

Born to Earl and Lillian Carter in 1924, James Earl “Jimmy” Carter is the first American president to be born in a hospital. That hospital was later renamed the Lillian G. Carter Nursing Center. In recent years, the very active post-presidency Carter has had to take it easy. The former President has dealt with a bout of cancer and a broken pelvis. We have also had a global pandemic, and unlike the last guy, President Carter was never a fool. According to an aide that spoke with ABC News, the longest-lived President in history is spending the day with family at his home in Georgia.

May Jimmy Carter always be blessed and kept, smiled upon, and treated graciously, as he has given so many of us much-needed peace during these most turbulent times.

From around the Twitternets came the happy wishes.

Happy 97th Birthday to my dear friend, President Jimmy Carter. A humble servant of God. A beacon of light and moral clarity. A leader of extraordinary character, honor, and integrity. @FLOTUS and I send our love to you and Rosalynn on this special day. pic.twitter.com/LB0gSvHSNC

— President Biden (@POTUS) October 1, 2021

Happy Birthday to Georgia's own — President Jimmy Carter! pic.twitter.com/tBdHru7Sbg

— Reverend Raphael Warnock (@ReverendWarnock) October 1, 2021

In 1962, a man from Plains decided to run for state Senate and went on to change the course of American history. Happy birthday to President Jimmy Carter — we're so proud to call you a Georgia Democrat! #gapol pic.twitter.com/AuFt86g5IT

— Georgia Democrats (@GeorgiaDemocrat) October 1, 2021

Today, we celebrate the life of a remarkable leader. Happy 97th birthday to President Jimmy Carter. ?: AP/John Bazemore pic.twitter.com/jqE2Ym3fCJ

— Stacey Abrams (@staceyabrams) October 1, 2021

Wishing a happy 97th birthday to one of the most hardworking and humble men to ever hold the Presidency, Jimmy Carter. https://t.co/dRHXKPWAhY

— Senator Dick Durbin (@SenatorDurbin) October 1, 2021

Good Friday morning everyone, especially Jimmy Carter who celebrates his 97th birthday today!! Stay safe, and happy October 1st!! pic.twitter.com/kPdpxvoxui

— Dad Of 4A's (@4a_of) October 1, 2021

Birthdays are blessings, and I hope you will join me in wishing a blessed and happy birthday to Jimmy Carter, a man whose commitment to public service has only deepened with each passing year. pic.twitter.com/MIiz8EwOCG

— Rep. Val Demings (@RepValDemings) October 1, 2021

Happy birthday to President Jimmy Carter. Wishing you and Rosalynn another year of good health, love, and happiness. Enjoy your day! pic.twitter.com/ldkfeVhECC

— Governor Kate Brown (@OregonGovBrown) October 1, 2021

Happy 97th birthday, former President #JimmyCarter. You are living WELL. And we’re grateful. pic.twitter.com/tKXSH3a5e1

— The Martin Luther King, Jr. Center (@TheKingCenter) October 1, 2021

Happy Birthday former President #JimmyCarter, @CarterCenter. #KeepHopeAlive! pic.twitter.com/53VgQ23Pkb

— Rev Jesse Jackson Sr (@RevJJackson) October 1, 2021

Happy birthday to a great boss and an incredible leader, President Jimmy Carter. Here’s to 97 more, Mr. President!????? pic.twitter.com/uE3KKw8OP5

— Terry McAuliffe (@TerryMcAuliffe) October 1, 2021

Happy 97th birthday to a great global leader for peace and a wonderful Sunday school teacher, President Jimmy Carter. President Carter is an inspiration for so many working toward a more peaceful and just world. I’m grateful for his friendship. pic.twitter.com/UImSYatdXS

— Rep. Barbara Lee (@RepBarbaraLee) October 1, 2021

Happy 96th Birthday, President Carter! Thank you for showing the world what a deep, long-lasting, loving relationship looks like. ⁦#JimmyCarter@TheCarterCenterpic.twitter.com/xiQJNEBRLH

— Leslie Salzillo (@lovecomesaround) October 1, 2021

Happy 97th birthday to Jimmy Carter, the oldest living former President! Carter is the only President of the United States to have graduated from #USNA!⚓pic.twitter.com/xsJbhSzOlP

— U.S. Naval Academy (@NavalAcademy) October 1, 2021

Happy Birthday President Jimmy Carter! ? Thank you for dedicating your life to service. Wishing you a happy and excellent year. https://t.co/NDn2AxyaJy

— Jaime Harrison, DNC Chair (@harrisonjaime) October 1, 2021

Happy birthday to President Jimmy Carter! pic.twitter.com/dkGoMezATY

— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) October 1, 2021

Jimmy Carter’s birthday. Here introducing Muddy Waters, With the Allman Brothers band. pic.twitter.com/9oJlrSJsRC

— Terry Buckalew (@tmacbuckalew) October 1, 2021

Happy 97th birthday to President Jimmy Carter. pic.twitter.com/FnRF3ROxy0

— ~????????? ????~ (@TeahCartel) October 1, 2021

Some people leave the White House and grift + lie + scam Americans. While others like former POTUS Jimmy Carter leave office and build houses. Happy 97th Birthday President Carter. #morningjoe #POTUS #JimmyCarter pic.twitter.com/uW0NFjvBRY

— ClockOutWars (@clockoutwars) October 1, 2021

Happy Birthday Mr. President #JimmyCarter pic.twitter.com/hN0mXfMPjV

— Linda Boyd-Dickson (@adnildyob) October 1, 2021

And because it’s easily the chillest photo of a president I’ve ever seen.

Happy Birthday Mr President Jimmy Carter! Still rocking at 97 years young. Shown here with Willie Nelson. Friends to this day. pic.twitter.com/VzDL7PsD2a

— Cherie (@Cherie16303846) October 1, 2021

Back