What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Will Eoin Morgan be the next coach of England? World-Cup winning captain shares his opinion

Brexiter

Eoin Morgan on coaching speculations of England team
In the wake of disappointing performances in recent global tournaments, England’s cricket board is reportedly on the lookout for a new white-ball coach. Their campaign in the ODI World Cup in India last year ended disastrously, followed by a semi-final exit in the T20 World Cup 2024 against India. These results have intensified the pressure on the current coach, Matthew Mott, with speculation rife about potential replacements.

Eoin Morgan linked with coaching role

British media reports have suggested that Mott may leave his post, and England’s cricket board has begun exploring possible candidates for the position. One prominent name that has emerged is Eoin Morgan, the former captain who led England to their first-ever Cricket World Cup victory in 2019. However, Morgan has been quick to address these rumors.

Morgan responds to coaching speculations

Speaking to Sky Sports while commentating for The Hundred, Morgan dismissed the speculation about him taking over as the next coach.

“This news is actually news to me. It’s obviously not nice when a coach comes under fire and there is a lot of speculation about his future, but only time will tell what will happen,” Morgan said.

Morgan explained that while he has been frequently asked by the media about potentially taking on the coaching role, he feels that the timing is not right for him due to his current life circumstances. He expressed a desire to coach in the future but emphasized that his focus now is on spending time with his young family and enjoying his current work as a cricket commentator, which he finds fulfilling.

“I’ve been asked a lot [in the media] over the past couple of months about the role, and if I would take it on. My answer has simply been that the timing for everything in my life at the moment is not right. Yes, I want to coach down the line. But I have a young family, and I spend a lot more time at home and watching cricket doing this [commentary]. I’m absolutely loving what I’m doing,” added Morgan.

Also READ: England’s Amy Jones get engaged to Australia’s Piepa Cleary, check their lovely post

Fans expect England to turn around

The speculation about Mott’s future and Morgan’s potential involvement comes as Rob Key, England’s managing director, announced that a review of the team’s performance during the T20 World Cup would begin in the coming weeks. This review process is expected to put further pressure on Mott and current England captain Jos Buttler, who is recovering from a calf injury.

Fans are hopeful for a swift turnaround in England’s fortunes, with expectations high for the team to regain their competitive edge on the global stage. Whether this will involve a change in coaching personnel remains to be seen, but the cricketing world is keenly watching for developments.

Also WATCH: When ‘Unicorn Balloon’ interrupted England vs West Indies second Test at Trent Bridge

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back