What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

Yashasvi Jaiswal shares memorable conversation from his first interaction with MS Dhoni

Brexiter

Yashasvi Jaiswal shares a story of meeting MS Dhoni
Young batting sensation Yashasvi Jaiswal recently provided insights into his first meeting with former Indian cricket captain MS Dhoni, describing the encounter as a memorable experience and a significant milestone in his career. Jaiswal, who has been enjoying a successful run, opened up about their conversation and the impact it had on him.

Having showcased exceptional performances during the Indian Premier League (IPL) season with the Rajasthan Royals, Jaiswal’s hard work was duly recognized as he earned a spot in the Indian cricket team’s Test squad for the upcoming tour against West Indies.

Meanwhile, Jaiswal shared details of their conversations and revealed his initial nervousness before approaching Dhoni for a chat. Jaiswal expressed his gratitude for the experience, considering it a great personal moment. It was the first time he had the opportunity to observe Dhoni closely, and he actively sought opportunities to engage in conversations with the former captain during matches.

During their interaction, Dhoni provided Jaiswal with valuable advice regarding his batting approach. The veteran cricketer emphasized the importance of playing proper cricketing shots, maintaining faith in one’s abilities, and cultivating a calm and peaceful mindset.

“It was a great moment in my life. It was the first time I had seen Dhoni up close. I tried in the middle of games to have a conversation with him. He told me to keep playing cricketing shots and keep faith in myself and to keep my mind at peace. These are simple things but they are very difficult to do in real life. You need a lot of patience,” Jaiswal said in an interaction with Indian Express.

Jaiswal shared his perspective on his cricketing approach, highlighting the significance of focusing on his own actions and responsibilities within the game. He emphasized that he avoids dwelling on external factors or distractions and directs his energy towards identifying areas in his cricket where he can make improvements.

The young cricketer expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to pursue his passion, acknowledging his good fortune in being able to live out his dreams on the cricket field. Jaiswal treasures the moments when people appreciate his batting shots, catches, or run-outs, considering such positive feedback as blessings.

“I only think about what I should do. I don’t think much about other things. If there are a few things that would enhance my cricket, then I would do it. I respect the game, and I feel blessed that I am doing something which I have always dreamt of. And if I am able to entertain and spread happiness with my skills, that’s great. If someone says ‘Wow, Yashasvi, what a shot you have played’, ‘what a catch you have taken’ or ‘what a run-out you pulled off’, that’s a blessing for me. I want to stay humble and enjoy my game. I respect what God has given me and want to take it forward peacefully,” he added.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back