What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

‘Sheer discrimination…’: Danish Kaneria lashes out at PCB for excluding his name from the list of Test records in Australia

Brexiter

Zaka Ashraf and Danish Kaneria
The cricketing world is abuzz with excitement as Pakistan and Australia are locking horns in the Boxing Day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). However, amidst the excitement, a storm is brewing off the pitch, with former Pakistani spinner Danish Kaneria accusing the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) of discrimination after being excluded from the PCB’s list of Pakistan bowlers with a good record on Australian soil.

Pakistan’s recent struggles​

It is worth mentioning that Pakistan’s cricket team is already under the spotlight for their recent struggles, having suffered a 360-run defeat in the opening game of the three-match series against Australia. Criticism has been directed at the captaincy change before the Australia tour and the player selection for the first Test. Now, Kaneria has added a new layer to the criticism surrounding management, alleging discrimination by the PCB.

Danish Kaneria calls out PCB​

Known for being outspoken about his differences with the PCB, Kaneria took to Twitter to express his displeasure over the list of Pakistani bowlers with impressive records in Australia that the PCB released ahead of the Boxing Day Test, featuring legends like Wasim Akram, Imran Khan, Iqbal Qasim, Sarfraz Nawaz, Mushtaq Ahmed, Saqlain Mushtaq, and Mohammad Asif. However, Kaneria noticed his absence from the list and accused the PCB of discrimination.

Also READ: Virat Kohli rejoins Indian camp for Boxing Day Test after family emergency

Kaneria alleges PCB of discrimination​

In a tweet, Kaneria highlighted his remarkable achievement of taking 24 wickets in just five matches on Australian soil. He expressed his disbelief at being excluded from the list, labelling it as a blatant example of discrimination against him. The former leg-spinner’s accusations have reignited the debate about fairness and equality within the PCB’s selection and acknowledgement processes.

“Just look at the audacity of Pakistan Cricket Board. I took 24 wickets in 5 matches in Australia but they removed my name from the list. The living example of sheer discrimination against me,” wrote Kaneria.

Just look at the audacity of Pakistan Cricket Board. I took 24 wickets in 5 matches in Australia but they removed my name from the list. The living example of sheer discrimination against me. pic.twitter.com/HhkamhdFMc

— Danish Kaneria (@DanishKaneria61) December 23, 2023

In response to Kaneria’s claims, some netizens argued that the list was based on averages rather than the number of wickets.

Also READ: Faf du Plessis reveals the reason behind Indian batter’s struggle in South Africa

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back