What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Halle Bailey Embodies Ariel In Jaw-Dropping Gown At Little Mermaid Premiere

Brexiter

Halle Bailey
Halle Bailey

Halle Bailey arrived at the premiere of Disney’s upcoming live-action version of The Little Mermaid and looked as though she could have actually come from under the sea.

The Grammy nominee perfectly channelled her character, Ariel, by wearing a silvery blue liquid-like gown from Valdrin Sahiti on the blue carpet at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre on Monday.

Her shimmery strapless dress featured a plunging neckline and unique detailing at the top that resembled ocean waves.

Halle Bailey walks the blue carpet for the world premiere of Disney's The Little Mermaid
Halle Bailey walks the blue carpet for the world premiere of Disney's The Little Mermaid

Monday night was the first premiere event for the highly anticipated live-action remake, which is set to hit cinemas later this month.

Halle celebrated the occasion in an Instagram post the following morning, writing that she was feeling “overwhelmed and overjoyed” that the movie will finally be released soon.

“This was the first premiere of the press run and I have been in tears and feeling oh so grateful,” she wrote in the caption of the post.

Halle's dress was a perfect homage to her iconic character
Halle's dress was a perfect homage to her iconic character

A number of celebrities were photographed on the blue carpet attending the premiere with their children. Actors and twin sisters Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry-Housley attended the event with each of their own daughters.

Tia Mowry, who brought her five-year-old daughter Cairo, to the premiere, wrote about the importance of Halle’s casting as Ariel on Instagram.

“Cairo is finally getting to see someone who looks like her being represented on the big screen and that in itself is an extremely empowering moment for me and my baby girl and something I will cherish forever,” she wrote in the caption of the post.

Tamera Mowry-Housley with her daughter, Ariah, and Tia Mowry with her daughter, Cairo, attend the world premiere of Disney's live-action
Tamera Mowry-Housley with her daughter, Ariah, and Tia Mowry with her daughter, Cairo, attend the world premiere of Disney's live-action "Little Mermaid."

In an article published in British Vogue last month, The Little Mermaid’s director Rob Marshall told the publication that Halle was the first person to audition for the role of Ariel.

“She came in, and she sang ‘Part of Your World,’” he said. “And by the end of it, I was crying. I couldn’t believe the depth and the truth and the simplicity and passion she brought to the song. It was just so moving.”

Rob later added that “hundreds of other people” auditioned for Ariel after Bailey, but “the bar had already been set.”

“And no one ever surpassed that bar,” he said.

READ MORE:​

Back