What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

President Biden tests positive for COVID-19

Brexiter

The White House announced Thursday that President Joe Biden has tested positive for COVID-19. Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre released the statement, stressing that the president “is fully vaccinated and twice boosted and experiencing very mild symptoms,” adding that he has begun taking Paxlovid. He was last tested on Tuesday and had a negative result.

He “will participate in his planned meetings at the White House this morning via phone and Zoom from the residence.”

Consistent with White House protocol for positive COVID cases, which goes above and beyond CDC guidance, he will continue to work in isolation until he tests negative. Once he tests negative, he will return to in-person work. Out of an abundance of transparency, the White House will provide a daily update on the President’s status as he continues to carry out the full duties of the office while in isolation.

Thursday, Jul 21, 2022 · 4:24:35 PM +00:00 · Joan McCarter

A message from the man himself:

Folks, I'm doing great. Thanks for your concern. Just called Senator Casey, Congressman Cartwright, and Mayor Cognetti (and my Scranton cousins!) to send my regrets for missing our event today. Keeping busy! pic.twitter.com/uf7AsOg571

— President Biden (@POTUS) July 21, 2022

Back