What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

The Last Time With... Denis Shapovalov

Brexiter

Denis Shapovalov upset two-time Nitto ATP Finals champion Alexander Zverev to reach the Australian Open quarter-finals and earn a clash against 20-time major titlist Rafael Nadal.

Before the match, get to know the Canadian in ATPTour.com’s newest ‘Last Time’ Q&A. Shapovalov discusses a meeting with Canadian basketball legend Steve Nash, his cooking skills and more.

When was the last time you watched a sporting event live?
The Toronto Raptors when they were playing in Tampa [Florida]. It is tough to follow when I am in Europe, but I definitely follow the Raptors and the Toronto Maple Leafs as much as possible.

When was the last time you met one of your idols?
Steve Nash. I met him in San Diego [during the tournament last year]. He was doing an exhibition and he was running into the club, so I got to meet him for a minute or two. That was really, really cool.

He said he was a big fan of mine, which was really weird to hear because I am a big fan of his. He is an icon in Canada and basketball. He is very well known in Canada and well looked up to.

When was the last time you strung a racquet?
Probably when I was seven years old. I remember doing a bad job and my dad taking over. I never tried again.

When was the last time you had to hire a court?
Maybe when I was 13 or 14. Back home in Toronto.

When was the last time you went to a concert?
Believe it or not I have only been to one concert in my life. It was three or four years ago. I went to a G-Eazy concert in Cincinnati.

When was the last time you watched Netflix?
I watched The Office. My favourite character might be Dwight.

When was the last time you have missed a flight?
I have never missed a flight.

When was the last time you lost something important?
I lost my phone about 20 minutes before this interview, but I found it!

When was the last time you cooked?
Oh, I am a terrible cook. I actually make breakfast for my girlfriend. That is about my cooking skills. I make an omelette and some nice toast. That is my level right there.

When was the last time I asked someone for a selfie?
I don’t ask my girlfriend for a selfie, she asks me. Probably with the team. Take a team selfie pic.

Back