What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Twitter reactions: Glenn Maxwell’s stunning ton propels Australia to series-clinching win over West Indies in 2nd T20I

Brexiter

Australia beat West Indies in the 2nd T20I
Australia emerged victorious against the West Indies in the 2nd T20I of the West Indies tour of Australia 2024, held at the Adelaide Oval. Winning the toss, West Indies elected to bowl first, putting Australia into bat, the decision which turned badly as the hosts went on to post a humungous total.

Glenn Maxwell sizzles with a stunning century​

Australia’s innings was a display of explosive batting, posting a formidable total of 241/4 in their allotted 20 overs. Glenn Maxwell was the standout performer with a breathtaking knock of 120 runs off just 55 deliveries, including 12 boundaries and 8 sixes. Contributions from other batsmen such as Tim David (31 off 14) and Mitchell Marsh (29 off 12) further bolstered Australia’s imposing total.

Rovman Powell’s fighting knock in vain​

In response, the West Indies fought valiantly but fell short, managing 207/9 in their 20 overs. Rovman Powell provided some resistance with a blistering innings of 63 runs off 36 balls, supported by Andre Russell‘s quickfire 37 off 16 deliveries. However, the Australian bowlers kept picking up wickets at regular intervals, with Marcus Stoinis leading the charge with figures of 3 wickets for 36 runs.

Ultimately, Australia’s all-round performance secured them a 34-run victory over the West Indies. The Player of the Match award was rightfully bestowed upon Maxwell for his exceptional century, which played a pivotal role in Australia’s triumph.

Also READ: Twitter erupts as Glenn Maxwell equals Rohit Sharma’s record with 5th century in Adelaide T20I – AUS vs WI

Here is how Twitter reacted:​

Outrageous AGAIN @Gmaxi_32
Once he is going, almost impossible to stop!!

— Aaron Finch (@AaronFinch5) February 11, 2024

Staring at his bat like he co-holds the record for most T20I centuries 😏

Maxi 🆚 WI today ⏬
1️⃣2️⃣0️⃣* Runs 😵‍💫
5️⃣5️⃣ Balls 😱
1️⃣2️⃣ Fours 😮
8️⃣ Sixes 😯
2️⃣1️⃣8️⃣.1️⃣8️⃣ Strike Rate 🤯#PlayBold #AUSvWI @Gmaxi_32 pic.twitter.com/tfSEDK1p0w

— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) February 11, 2024

Tell me what he can't do … Genius… Marvellous… Excellent…. Words cannot define him ..@Gmaxi_32 u beauty 😍💓#GlennMaxwell #Madmax pic.twitter.com/KJZi2fBB59

— Jyothish Kalyan cult (B+ve) 💙 (@chowdarykalyanc) February 11, 2024

Glenn Maxwell on fire today🔥🔥🔥!@Gmaxi_32#GlennMaxwell #maxwell pic.twitter.com/jM1UO3JmrO

— Deepa_singh (@Deepara27213560) February 11, 2024

He’s done it again. @Gmaxi_32 the freak show. Some nights those wrists feel like they’re possessed with supernatural strength. What a privilege again to see it live #AusvWI pic.twitter.com/XXUNSBULAK

— Bharat Sundaresan (@beastieboy07) February 11, 2024

Man of Big show….Congratulations maxiiiiii… An incredible player for the team…I wish him a great success for his future games…. Stay safe maxi…@Gmaxi_32 pic.twitter.com/wD6m7QcQ8G

— Md Sumon (@MdSumon78060399) February 11, 2024

What an amazing 💯 @Gmaxi_32 one of the most dangerous white ball player of modern cricket #AusVsWI pic.twitter.com/AhIEoWeNZ3

— Kamran Akmal (@KamiAkmal23) February 11, 2024

West Indies Maxi-mumed by Magnificent Glen Maxwell, wowza!!!!
50-ball T20I century in Adelaide. Which West Indian can match this innings? @Gmaxi_32 @windiescricket @cricketcomau #T20I

— Daren Ganga (@DarenGanga) February 11, 2024

Fifth T20 Ton from @Gmaxi_32 🐐

This guy is absolute entertainer 🔥 pic.twitter.com/C6KkdyagBa

— Xenomorph (@Sarvs_RKO) February 11, 2024

Also WATCH: AUS vs WI – Glenn Maxwell smacks an stunning switch-hit six against Akeal Hosein in the 2nd T20I

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back