What's new
The Brexit And Political discussion Forum

Brexit may have begun but it is not over, indeed it may never be finished.

• No links are allowed for first ten posts, this is to combat spammers. There after links must be relevant.

Zimbabwe Cricket announces squad for the T20I series against Bangladesh

Brexiter

Zimbabwe name squad for T20I series against Bangaldesh
Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) have unveiled their 15-player squad for the imminent five-match T20I series, which will see the first three matches played in Chattogram, followed by the final two in Dhaka. Scheduled from May 3 to May 12, the series promises thrilling cricketing action between Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. With a blend of experienced players and emerging talents, Zimbabwe’s squad is poised to deliver captivating performances on the international stage.

A mixture of experience and youth in Zimbabwe’s squad​

Under the astute captaincy of Sikandar Raza, who boasts an impressive record of 81 T20Is with 1854 runs and 58 wickets, the team presents a dynamic blend of seasoned campaigners and promising newcomers. Notably, debutant Johnathan Campbell is poised to make his mark in the upcoming series. Furthermore, the inclusion of Tadiwanashe Marumani (29 matches, 413 runs) and the recalled Faraz Akram (4 T20Is) significantly bolster the squad’s depth and versatility.

Alongside established figures like Craig Ervine (68 matches, 1429 runs), Sean Williams (79 matches, 1691 runs), Richard Ngarava (49 matches, 59 wickets), and the experienced Blessing Muzarabani (46 matches, 53 wickets), the team welcomes the exciting potential of Clive Madande and Brian Bennett. This diverse assembly of talent underscores Zimbabwe’s commitment to nurturing both experience and youth, promising an engaging and competitive performance in the forthcoming series.

Also READ: India to travel Zimbabwe after T20 World Cup 2024: tour details unveiled

Zimbabwe Squad for the T20I series against Bangladesh:​

Sikandar Raza (captain), Faraz Akram, Brian Bennett, Ryan Burl, Johnathan Campbell, Craig Ervine, Joylord Gumbie, Luke Jongwe, Clive Madande, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, Richard Ngarava, Sean Williams

ZC have not yet appointed a new head coach, with Stuart Matsikenyeri set to lead Zimbabwe against Bangladesh.

Also READ: Cricket Ireland announces schedule for the upcoming games against South Africa and Zimbabwe

For latest cricket news & updates, visit CricketTimes.com.

Back